Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Mr Comey: The “adult conversation” you say you want on electronic privacy might go like this: “Leave us alone.”
- Because we already know what governments do when they think they’re entitled to our most intimate information. (Both links H/T JB)
- The Patrick Henry Society is back — and with a newly Freedom Outlawish attitude.
- Hard to tell whether the Barefoot Bandit (soon to get out of prison with big plans and big help ahead) is going to be the Steve Jobs of aviation or is just another hustler who’ll fall on his face and end up in more legal trouble.
- I’ve been trying to ignore the Colin Kaepernick tempest in a teapot. But I like this — veterans who support his freedom of speech.
- When gmail first started up, I swore I’d never correspond with anybody who used it because of the snoopery involved. Then half the people I knew jumped in started using it. Sigh. Now a big ditto with Yahoo mail. There’s some sweet revenge, though not much, in exchanging encrypted messages with people on these “services.” I still wish that “free” services that charge such a high price in anti-privacy would go away, though.
- The “introvert hangover.” Damn, I’ve had dozens of these, sometimes to the point of being as sick as with a real hangover. But it never occurred to me it was an actual thing.
- Should you happen to care about the fate of Tasmanian Devils (who have been threatened with extinction by a strange face cancer), evolution in action is beginning to protect them.