Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Had to happen. Prosecutors in Arkansas are demanding cloud data from Amazon for one of its voice-activated Echo devices. Authorities don’t seem to think they need a warrant or a subpoena, just a “demand.” Amazon differs.
- There’s also this little question among money-hungry local governments as to whether you should pay them for arresting you. The Supremes are expected to weigh in.
- You ready for a new ice age? (C’mon, damnit. I still want my global warming! Especially now that we in this corner of the world are soon to “enjoy” some of the lowest temps we’ve seen in years.)
- Seven “last-mile” commute solutions that supposedly don’t look unacceptably stupid. Hm. that monkey-bike thingie might go over that line a ways.
- These maps are the coolest visualizations I’ve seen of the late presidential election: Trumpland and the Clinton Archipelago. I stole ’em from another blogger but now can’t recall who. So hat tip to you, stranger.
- F*c*b**k: more intrusive, more creepy, and less honest to its users every day. I would love to see the entire data-brokering business go up in one giant flash. Boom. Reduced to ashes.
- Remember that feral mother dog and her puppies rescued last year by all the members of a bachelor party? Sooooo damned heartwarming. And so’s the follow-up three months later.
- And while we’re on the subject of pups, here are two on an epic shopping-cart adventure (which gets better as it goes along). Fans of YouTube dog videos may recognize the famous Maymo and Penny.