Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Diagnose 17 diseases with a single blow into a breathalyzer? I doubt it’s that elegant and easy (especially with only 86% accuracy). But an interesting potential development.
- Prepare to be shocked: the DEA pays millions to informants with somewhat less accountability than your local library uses to keep track of paperback books.
- And if that wasn’t enough of a shock, I know you’ll just faint dead away to know that the Department of (Achtung!) Homeland Security is riddled with bribery and corruption. (I’m truly sorry to deliver all this bad news to you; I know how much you trusted and admired your federal government.)
- In news of the weird, the Solano County, CA, prosecutor tried to charge a guy with DUI when the only drug detected in his system was caffeine. Eventually they were forced to drop the charges.
- More fake news from a mainstream liberal rag. The Guardian misrepresents Julian Assange. (Gee, remember those days not long ago when lefties loved him?)
- Sixty-two edible wild plants. While this would be more useful if it contained info about where and when the plants are most likely to be found in edible form, it’s a good reminder that food is all around us.
- But eeew. Never thought of this aspect of living near a university: Neighborhood fears pollution from dead lab mice and human body parts.
- This drawing of Debbie and Carrie shared by Todd Fisher is a sweet tearjerker. Yeah, way over the top sentimental. But a lovely movie fan gesture.
- Awwwww. Puppy badly burned in a house fire grows up to become a fire