Press "Enter" to skip to content
- That’s the (entrepreneurial) spirit. You may have heard that Seattle had a major freeway mess the other day, with all lanes of I-5 closed for eight hours. But that didn’t stop the operators of one taco truck who were stuck in traffic along with everybody else.
- Only four federal agencies to abolish? Surely we can do better than that!
- Anyone who has stood in a grocery check-out line behind people paying with SNAP/EBT cards will not be surprised.
- Nor will anyone who knows the sordid history of “anti-violence” workers.
- This is cool. A DIY doorbell cam for less than $40. (H/T MJ)
- Cuss at a celebrity on Twitter, get locked out of your account. While I’d like to see a return to higher standards of civility, I fail to see why cussing at a member of the elite is worse than cussing at anybody else.
- Thirteen signs somebody is lying to you. (I thought about posting this to the Cabal, where it would complement Kit Perez’s invaluable lessons on telling truth from lies via statement analysis, but her posts are about language alone; this article also covers body language.)
- Oh man. Can you picture the unintended consequences of this? Yeah, let’s everybody move to Hawaii and declare ourselves homeless! (H/T MtK)
- J.D. Tuccille pens an unconventional remembrance of his unconventional father Jerome. With reflections on failing your way to success as a writer. (Via Wendy McElroy)