- Utah adopts the nation’s lowest blood-alcohol limit for DUIs. This affects gun owners, too. And may soon infect many more states, as the NTSB recommends the (absurd) limit. Do I smell a government looking for more opportunities to make money by creating new offenders?
- How the fedgov made health care more expensive and made heroin cheaper.
- Flash story: “The High Cost of Contact.” Favors delivered by force do tend to be expensive. (H/T MJR)
- Gorsuch is a good judge. Which matters not one bit in the childish game of poly-ticks.
- God bless the monkeywrenchers.
- Another non-bad use for a drone: Missing Chihuahua found after five days lost.
- OTOH, it may still be okay to shoot them. Drones, that is. Not dogs.
- Former horribly abused rescue dog saves a toddler’s life.
- Forget everything you knew about the dog paddle. This pooch does the breaststroke. Really.
So under the Utah’s GUI (gun under the influence) law let say you are at your home having an adult beverage and someone breaks in and you defend you & yours but since you blow a .05 your the real criminal?
They say you commit 3 felonies a day currently what difference does it make if it 4 or 5?
Push push push until there is no pushing left is that where we are at, either government starts getting smaller or they are going to have to get a lot larger to house us all in cells.
Flying a drone above a public right of way–streets, sidewalks and such–is no different from walking along there or bicycling or driving a car.
Over the back yards of a neighborhood? Invasion of privacy, snooping, same as a peeping tom at a window. Probably casing the area for a future burglary.
83 feet upper limit to your air space? Hmm. Improved cylinder choke, #8 shot should suffice.
Two OT things. A book, not new, everyone should read to get a perspective is Sapiens, a Brief History of Mankind, fascinating, with only one bad assumption, ” technology will come through”, near the end. Otherwise, I got a much better sense of how we are still just highly evolved tribal animals, unfortunately killing off somewhat less powerful but very deserving other animals. One chapter made me want to be a vegetarian.
OT number two is wondering why this blog doesn’t get sent to me anymore. Did it change or did I do something weird?
Kite photography. Who knew?
The definition of “drunk driving” has already been stretched beyond any illusion of reality. I don’t expect that to change. But just maybe, they’ll go so far that almost no one but MADDmamas will pay any attention to them.
“Legal” or not. If a drone is trespassing, I will try to kill it one way or another.
“OT number two is wondering why this blog doesn’t get sent to me anymore. Did it change or did I do something weird?”
StevefromMA — Thanks for the heads-up. It appears that something odd might have happened to blog feeds during attempts to fix the recent malformatting problem on the main page. I’ll check into it or ask HWFIW to do so. Sorry!
I’m late to the Drone Party, so let’s file,this under “Let’s not and say we did”:
Proposed armed Police Drones in CT
I’d say that the Utah thing might be partly due to the strong LDS influence. The LDS church is against alcohol, and many individual members (not all, by any means) think that anything they can do to discourage drinking by anybody at all is a Good Thing.