- This year is the 100th anniversary of Woodrow Wilson leading the U.S. into World War I. Jim Bovard notes the long chain of disasters that followed (and is following still). Did the war “make the world safe for democracy”?
- What’s the best type of generator for you? Portable? Or stand-by type? The Family Handyman discusses the difference to help you choose. OTOH, you could always just convert your lawn mower into a generator. Or your bike. (H/T MJ)
- Taser — which is now changing its name to Axon — is offering free body cams and a year of cloud storage to all U.S. cops.
- It’s not so much the article, but the intro: “Like Obama, only worse.” About Trump’s ISIS fight.
- Boreptch: Samsung is going to make all of its devices
dumb“smart”. And if you think better security will solve the dumb“smart” device problem think again
- Fannie and Freddie’s brand new bubble (as if the bubbles in auto financing and student loans weren’t already enough).
- Jeez, if my high school journalism classmates and I had written an expose of the school principal when we were writing for the school newspaper, we’d have probably gotten suspended. The principal, not so much. Nice turnaround, kids.