Press "Enter" to skip to content
- This is cool. Amazon is building a fabulous new HQ in downtown Seattle. They’re going to reserve half of one of the new buildings for a homeless shelter for women and families. Rent free, utilities paid.
- Per jc2k in comments: a superior court judge orders a San Diego DA to return seized assets to a medical marijuana dealer. The DA, Bonnie Dumanis, has been snatching millions from harmless people for a long time. In another sign of change, the phrase “policing for profit” has made it into the MSM.
- Alas, in a sign of how things are still not changing in the war on drugs, there’s yet another New! More Deadly! illegal drug. You’ll die! from a single dose. Even touching it! is dangerous. (And the drug warriors still don’t grasp that these crazy drugs exist only because of their stupid WoD.)
- And in that WoD, police find even more ways to profit.
- Six rules for arguing with jerks online. They forgot the most important one: DON’T.
- Yeah, yeah. This is mean-spirited. But I’ve always wanted to write an open letter to people who talk too much. Actually, I’ve wanted to stop one of those folks in the middle of one of their endless, droning sentences and ask, “If you’re not interested in what anybody else has to say, what makes you think everyone else is so very interested in hearing YOU?” (Not talking about raconteurs here, but about people who haven’t stopped moving their lips since 1972 while having nothing interesting to say.)
- Those incredibly awkward moments.
- Ever wanted to move to the Italian countryside? Here’s one small town that wants you enough to pay you to do it.