- Wow. This is truly sickazoid sycophancy. Administration bigwigs praise their not-so-glorious leader like minions sucking up to a supervillain. Or glassy-eyed cultists adoring He Who Holds Them In Thrall. (H/T MJR)
- How the SJWs have devalued their own verbal weapons.
- Fedgov still using lame excuses to prevent Kim Dotcom from trying to regain the millions they outrageously seized from him.
- Sigh. Yet another supposedly pro-gun guy tells the media and the world he’s actually against us. Only because of “creative” editing? Hm …
- Be glad you don’t live in Pakistan.
- Inoculating people against their natural skepticism. Isn’t that what religion already does? Ah, but now “scientists” want to go for it. In the name of consensus. This will end up going about as well as eugenics did. (Via Wendy McElroy)
- But turning to the still-useful aspects of science … are we about to be blessed with a cure for multiple sclerosis?
- To fight climate change, says Glenn Harlan Reynolds, get sanctimonous celebrities out of their private jets, big houses, and yachts. 🙂
- Police dog trainee deemed “too friendly” to be a K9 cop. Gets a job as a greeter instead.
- This pictorial began making the rounds while I was away, so maybe you’ve seen it. But I just have to post it as both a hilarious dog tale and a fabulous example of how people will thwart the bureaucratic will: what happened when NYC banned all but “bag carry” dogs on its subways.
Just saw that first vid and came here to see if you had yet. Absolutely unbelievable… except that, unfortunately, ya gotta believe it. Trump Jong Il indeed. Reminded me of Anthony Hopkins as Stalin, going around the table so all the commisars could praise him and denounce the newly-dead Zinoviev.
OK, the dogs in bags are certainly cute. My question is: why do people want to take their dogs on a subway, bagged or otherwise? If you are carrying a big dog in your bag… how in the world do you also carry the groceries? Or anything else?
Of course, I don’t understand the appeal of a subway for any living creature, but maybe that’s just my inexperience with such things. One MORE reason I don’t want to live in a city. 🙂
Dogs on the subway are an excellent tool for self-defense and pickpocket deterrance, without all the overpenetration problems.
The Trump thing is a continuation of the last Monarch’s obsession with “me-ism”…
On another note – the lilting refrains of “Deplorable’s” wafts in from far-left fields : Elite gotta’ elite don’t ya know:
Wow. Trump remains his own worst enemy by a mile, in the teeth of very serious competition for the job.
Well, I suppose Trump needs to get good stroking from somewhere. It’s not like the Nobel folks are going to give him a Peace Prize anytime soon.
Brave New World, 1984, and Grapes of Wrath all rolled into one. Just take this pill. You will feel better soon. No thanks, the right of skepticism is somewhere amongst the inalienables.
Science ain’t consensus. There are centuries of history of one single individual scientist being correct in the face of the “everybody knows” nay-sayers.
Hey, give me a limo, armed guards and access to Banksters and quien sabe? I might go all sycophantic. Or is it psychophantic? I doubt that any of them would say, “Aw, he’s okay, even if he is a shmuck.”
On the Reynolds piece, if people lived like you, ML, Joel, me (Joel wins hands down) and I’m sure a few others here then no one would have a cause for complaint. But then again it was never about the climate, was it?