MamaLiberty March 25, 2018 2:58 am

Beautiful! And is that a corgi in the picture? 🙂

2. Don
    Don March 25, 2018 5:29 am

Great photos. Still not ready to leave the warmth of FL 🙂

Claire March 25, 2018 7:06 am

Not a corgi. Just Ava seen from slightly above and appearing a little foreshortened. Sorry.

And Don — totally a wise choice. My thoughts turn to Florida (and Panama and the Caribbean) this time of year. Stay put. Enjoy. But other than being cold most of the year, man I love this place.

4. jordanms2015
    jordanms2015 March 25, 2018 9:54 am

OK Claire
    Where in the @#$ did you come up with “embiggenate”
    had to go to my thesaurus to figure out what the heck you were talking about.
    For very simple image editing check out https://www.getpaint.net/index.html, less overhead than GIMP

Don, I lived for years in the southern climes then moved north – while at times the cold and dank can get to you (that’s why it’s cheaper to fly from Seattle/Portland/Vancouver to Hawaii that it is from Los Angles).
    The biggest thing I love being here is the ever changing environment and seasons – keeps me focused that time is passing – rather than being lulled to sleep as I was in the southern climes

Claire March 25, 2018 10:43 am

Okay. Well, “embiggen” has been floating around the ‘Net for a while. I forget who invented it. I just thought I’d make it fancier. 🙂

I hope somebody else here can benefit from Paint.net. It’s Windows-only, so not for me. But it would be nice to have a less complicated, less opaque program than the GIMP for photo editing.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold March 25, 2018 11:41 am

Where in the @#$ did you come up with “embiggenate”

She found it in her portmanteau.

(See “portmanteau word.”)

Claire March 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Good one, Larry. Wish I’d have thought of that.

Claire March 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Ah, thank you, Kent!

9. RickB
    RickB March 26, 2018 11:39 am

One of my Grandmothers was a pretty good artist (oils). But one of her favorite things to do was to hand tint enlarged B&W photos. She used a light touch but the difference was amazing. I don’t know how she captured the skin tones so perfectly.
    My younger sister snagged all of them. The oldest is a group photo (my great-grandparents and their children) from the 1890s.