- Four years after he murdered Eric Garner and cost the taxpayers of New York $5.9 million, Officer Daniel Pantaleo might finally get … an administrative sanction. Next year. Maybe.
- Hahaha. Big Dem govs defend the rich (but only because the don’t want their high taxes to drive said wealthy folk out of state).
- Now just wait’ll the Asians also start suing for racial discrimination.
- Well, that explains a lot. Moody’s says that despite the (temporarily) improving economy, rural areas are still screwed. Yeah, we get it.
- Tech-smart librarian (and omni surveillance) solves the mystery of who hacked a young girl’s school paper.
- The left embraces Ayn Rand’s blueprint for the decline of America. (No surprise; just well said.)
- Things seen at airports.
Taxpayers = happy milk cows
slavery is so old school
John, Can you describe what you see when you subscribe to comments?
What should happen is that you get an email when the subject “[Subscribe] Comments on Living Freedom – please confirm”, with a “Confirm Follow” button.
Clicking that button should send you to the “Subscription Management” page on wordpress.com, with the “Comments” tab open and displaying the message “Successfully updated your subscription!”
Are you using a script/ad blocker in your browser? If so, you might need to allow scripts from wordpress.com and wp.com.
Thank you Bear. Thank you.
“Tariffs imposed by the Trump administration will likely hurt manufacturing and agriculture in rural regions, according to Moody’s.”
Might be a problem when they are your biggest supporters?
Off topic, but HWFIW– I don’t get notifications for comments here anymore. I check the “Notify me of new comments via email.” box, but never get the “confirm” email anymore. Haven’t for months. This has also happened on a couple other WP blogs, but not all of them.
Kent, do you have more than one WordPress account (for ex: I five, for the various sites I administer)? I’ve found that being logged in with one while commenting under a different email address seems to confuse WordPress. Other than that, beats me.
“If you store your work in the Cloud, it’s accessible anywhere!”
Um. Yeah. That’s not a feature.
The slidewalk performance art is fantastic.
I’ve long been impressed with Rand’s accuracy for the decline of the US. That’s separate and distinct from her Objectivism notions, as I see it. My main gripe about the book is that it’s obvious that she never used one word when 200 would do. (That same talent is evident among lawyers, bureaucrats and politicians.)
Train of thought derailment: I first read it at the tail end of the Beatnik era. Then came Hippies, so that led to Ferlinghetti and his “Coney Island of the Mind”–of which I just ordered a replacement copy from Amazon. 🙂
Now just wait’ll the Asians also start suing for racial discrimination? They already are. See the NYT and Harvard Gazette.