- Hillary drops an incredibly racist “joke” that that would get anybody to the right of her pilloried.
- An Iranian immigrant starts a GoFundMe for victims of the Tree of Life massacre and raises nearly a million dollars in three days. Remember, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
- OTOH, some prominent but twitterpated Jews think it’s somehow possible to fight anti-Semitism by shunning and banning from worship fellow Jews who happen not to share their political opinions. Is there no end to the hatred oozing from people who imagine themselves to be against hate?
- Here’s Borepatch with a reminder of why political polls are becoming increasingly unreliable — with polls for the U.S. House being less reliable than those for the Senate.
- Feds order Google to turn over masses of information on innocent people who might have coincidentally been near crime scenes.
- Per Myself in comments, Reason confirms what we already knew: Government food guidelines have been 100% wrong on cholestrol all these years.
- Yeah, I get that it’s Ben & Jerry’s, so consider the source. But do we have to politicize ice cream, on top of everything else?
- Sigh. Two more selfie-seeking adventurers plunge off a cliff and die.
- Pumpkins. Carved and built by NASA engineers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena.
The following is from SB, who also writes, “Incidentally, once again this year, I wore a TZP kippah on the bimah, as I read the Akedah on the second day of Rosh Hashana.” Thanks, SB. I had to do a little looking up for some of that terminology. (I, too, own a TZP kippah, but me being a Gentile woman, mine stays in a display case.)