I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

He’s 69, but says doctors have told him he has the body of a 45-year-old. So. Naturally. These days:

Dutch “positivity guru” demands a legal age change because he “identifies” as younger.

And being younger would help him get more responses on Tinder (among other things).

He’s actually awaiting a court ruling. If it’s a joke, it’s one he’s taking pretty far.

If it’s an act of culture jamming, it’s sublime.

If it’s the Netherlands’ version of The Onion, I’ve been had.

Others are inspired by his example. 🙂

Here’s the original news story (in Dutch).

(H/T Shel)

1. Fred M.
    Fred M. November 8, 2018 7:05 am

Love it! 😂

2. Georgia
    Georgia November 8, 2018 8:25 am

If he wins, will his pension be taken away?

Joel November 8, 2018 8:27 am

It’s the Netherlands, where people start getting a pension as soon as their mothers decide not to abort them. So, no.

Hell, whatever it takes. All my life I just wanted to identify as somebody who’s attractive to women. Those were the old days, though, when you couldn’t just make the declaration – you actually had to be attractive or forget it. Reality is so unfair.

4. Mike
    Mike November 8, 2018 10:09 am

If he wins, I wonder how the law of unintended consequence is going to bite him in the ass.

5. larryarnold
    larryarnold November 8, 2018 11:12 am

Don’t know about his 45-year-old body (or want to) but it sounds like he’s got the brain of a 4-year-old.

If he wasn’t legally born until 1969, does that invalidate all his older school records?

6. James
    James November 8, 2018 1:17 pm

All my life I just wanted to identify as somebody who’s attractive to women.

Joel, be careful what you wish for! Maybe you’ve never heard the story of the guy who finds a lamp out in the woods. He rubs the lamp, and of course a genie pops out and announces that the guy has three wishes coming. First wish: a zillion dollars. Done. Second wish: a bright red 220 mph Ferrari, and there it is. Third wish? “Make me absolutely irresistible to women.” Poof! The genie turns the guy into a box of chocolates.

7. Owl
    Owl November 9, 2018 9:32 am

Well hell, if he can be 69 and identify as a 45-year-old, then someone could be 60 or 45 or whatever and identify as a 70-year-old – and start collecting maximum Socialist Security benefits.

The gears in my head, they are a turnin. . .

8. Grant
    Grant November 15, 2018 12:08 pm

I do often buy my wife chocolates, but when I just told her this joke and asked if I needed to bring her chocolates to make me irresistible, she told me that I had her when I asked to borrow her phone. We met when my truck broke down on the highway along the edge of her property and I didn’t have a cell phone. LOL