Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Before Uber put on the street a car that couldn’t brake in an emergency, the unit responsible, you will not be surprised to learn, was highly dysfunctional.
- Turns out it’s actually possible to ask stupid questions. Bear Bussjaeger says the mayor of Toledo, OH, has succeeded.
- LOL! It had to happen. The Vagina Monologues — so edgy just a few years ago — won’t be playing at Eastern Michigan University. Because all those new women-with-penises would be offended. (H/T MtK)
- Are you an attorney in Washington state who cares about constitutional issues? David Kopel is looking for local representation regarding a case before the supreme court. Sounds like a volunteer project with expenses paid, but also sounds simple.
- Things are heating up as the migrant marchers pile against the bottom of the U.S. One Tijuana border crossing was closed today due to threats of some sort. I’ve heard other details from a friend in the city, and I’ll post them if he gives permission.
- If you’re a Latino shouting, “Mexico first!” at Hondurans in Tijuana … are you a racist?
- Under pressure, Airbnb is now boycotting Jewish homes in the West Bank.
- From M in comments: When I didn’t have a heartwarming story to end yesterday’s links, she supplied one that combines human goodness with new tech.