A few links for a change. Some are new, a few I’ve been saving for you …
- So-called Modern Monetary Theory will be a Modern Monetary Disaster, as anybody beyond the pink unicorn stage of development can see.
- Speaking of which, the NYT reports that Venezuela’s inflation is now worse than Zimbabwe’s. They still can’t bring themselves to use the “S” word, though they admit that the “economic policies” of Chavez and Maduro may have something to do with the problem.
- John Wick Part III, aka Parabellum was released last Friday. Seems everybody, including Rolling Stone has high praise. Seen it yet?
- CNN is correct: The new model of SAT scoring is a PC monstrosity. But CNN being CNN, they’re right for all the wrong reasons. Here’s LifeZette’s more rational view.
- Glenn Harlan Reynolds calls Twitter a virus of the mind.
- Big Brother remembers your face. (Parts of this are weird and funny.)
- San Francisco Authoritah attacks a journalist for refusing to reveal his source. Ain’t it funny how “liberal” or “progressive” policies always end up being top-down authoritarian and scornful of long-established liberties?
- You may have also heard that the famous Grumpy Cat died a few days ago. Borepatch says it was a conspiracy … and you-know-who was behind it. (She was only seven years old — and who knew she was a she?).
- And speaking of the unusual dead, what about the curious case of the bog bodies?
- My Finnish neighbor tells me that “Kalsarikannit” is the latest reason her notoriously dour countrymen keep getting polled as the happiest people on earth. Um … I don’t think so. Still, I’ll bet your country doesn’t have 50 of its own exclusive emojis.
- Sixty dogs with real jobs.
Love the dog photos, and I’m a cat person! Thanks, as always!
I always likes your links…thanks!
From a comment disputing the Modern Monetary article:
If the exercise leads to signs of runaway inflation, then stop. What is missing in debates on MMT is the role of discipline to be exercised by the State.
Now that’s my belly laugh of the week; government having discipline to stop bad programs.
I saw Parabellum Friday, and it was all I expected. The impossible elements are outlandish enough for suspension of disbelief, and the guns run out of ammo and need reloading. What more can you ask?
I’m wondering if Amazon affiliate links apply to these (free shipping!):
I’m shocked that Hollywood made a movie like John Wick.
I’m tempted to do a review. Best movie I’ve seen all year (really), but in my world I’d like to imagine that John Wick is Ted from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure all grown up with his assassin name. Then it would be Bill and Ted’s Excellent Assassination.
John Wick 3 was a great movie. Saw it in IMAX on their high definition screen. I will not spoil the movie, but yesterday they announced John Wick 4 will be out in 2021. Can’t wait. With the way John Wick 3 ended, John Wick 4 should be a block buster.
[…] Claire Wolfe is Back (when did that happen?) and so she starts us off with Tuesday links. […]
John Wick 3 kept my attention. It had at least a little story between high-body-count fight scenes. But Keanu Reeves seemed bored. Just walking through another movie, like Tom Cruise, but cooler.