Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Greg Ellifritz over at Active Response Training has some advice for dealing with attacks by multiple perps: Avoid them. In case you can’t, he offers ways to emerge triumphant — or at least not beaten to a pulp.
- In a sure blow for equal rights, it turns out the Capital One hacker is a woman. She also demonstrated she could be equal in folly to many male hackers, boasting about her exploits online. CapitalOne seems to be handling their massive breach more responsibly than many others. (Equifax, I’m talkin’ to you.)
- In his inimitable style, James Delingpole cheers the rise of Boris Johnson and Lord Rees-Mogg. He seems to think Brexit is now a real done deal. We can hope. But this excellent Quillette piece Comrade X posted in comments the other day says there are more ifs ahead — some of them rather ominous.
- Speaking of blows for equal rights, Nashville’s next mayor could be could be a black, female conservative.
- Tomorrow is Milton Friedman’s birthday. He was not as much a blessing as this Ammo.com piece would have him. But he did give a big boost to modern libertarianism. Whatever his sins, he also produced notable anarcho-capitalist son David and notable Seasteading founder, grandson Patri. That’s not bad work.
- Tomorrow is also the birthday of Harry Potter. He would be 39 if he were real. And if that doesn’t make you feel old, nothing will.
- Gillroy aftermath: Gun control + logic = crickets.
- Siri, the Apple “voice assistant,” can be activated by the sound of a zipper (among other unintended things) and contractors may be listening to you having sex. Wonderful world we live in, ain’t it?
- How to protect your pets from 5G radiation. 🙂