Monday miscellany

1. Samuel Adams
    Samuel Adams November 1, 2010 6:02 am

And an alien would be worse than the present lot how? Come to think of it, the present lot are pretty alien.

2. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal November 1, 2010 7:44 am

I won’t be voting. And I wrote my latest Examiner column encouraging others to not vote as well.

MamaLiberty November 1, 2010 7:46 am

Ah, another photo/video website I will not bookmark! Loved the dog playing dead… then spent another half hour looking at dog videos and then cat pictures/videos!

There are just so many neat things to see!!!

I need a clone… to get the work done, of course. LOL

4. Kevin Wilmeth
    Kevin Wilmeth November 1, 2010 10:04 am

Vote? Not into the Sisyphean masochism thing, myself.

This, of course, makes me insane.

Get ready, here we go again! 🙂

5. Kevin Wilmeth
    Kevin Wilmeth November 1, 2010 10:06 am

Well, that link sure blowed up, didn’t it?

The insanity is here.

6. Judy
    Judy November 1, 2010 2:10 pm

I believe that dog video is the definition of the term passive-resistance!

7. Ellendra
    Ellendra November 1, 2010 8:45 pm

Confession time: I’m an Elections Inspector for my city. Usually that involves running the registration computer, because I’m one of 2 people there who won’t freak at the sight of an error message. For that I get paid $8 an hour.

I’ve been noticing lately that the people coming in to vote are more and more dissatisfied with their options, with the results, and with being “governed” in general. We may talk about the “gray masses” a lot, but I think there’s a powder keg out there, and these idiots in charge keep lighting matches.

8. Winston
    Winston November 1, 2010 9:30 pm

Yep, I may go out and vote. It happens to be the first major election that I’m old enough to vote in, so I figure before I plant myself on the don’t vote bandwagon, I’ll give it a go at least once. Except for our notoriously corrupt school boards, I’m staying the hell away from that part of the ballot.

For the Senate we have some feminist obama fan running against a pretty lousy Republican whose sat there for 26 years…so, I’m voting for the unelectable Libertarian candidate that I’ve never even heard of. It’s a pretty sorry lot…with the exception of the afformentioned school boards which always have the most takers, most of the local seats aren’t even being contested.

9. CS
    CS November 1, 2010 10:29 pm

On the voting thing… if you abide by the rules and play the game, you have no reason to complain over who wins or loses. “Exercising your franchise” (a stupid analogy) is in fact a highly immoral act: It is an attempt by a voter to exercise power over the rights of others.

My rights, ladies and gentlemen, are not subject to anyone’s whims at the ballot box. I wouldn’t do that to you and I won’t have it done to me.

(That said, I will confess to a certain chortlesome glee if home-grown doddering imbecile Harry Reid goes down in flames before home-grown crazed lunatic Sharon Angle in tomorrow’s Lottery to Empower the Criminally Insane.)

10. naturegirl
    naturegirl November 2, 2010 5:58 pm

It’s another election where the choices just insult my intelligence, I seem to be “None of the above”s best supporter…..& that never wins either…..

11. Ellendra
    Ellendra November 3, 2010 7:16 pm

Voters were still accepting the choices they were given, but I noticed they were getting less and less “meek” about it. I firmly believe that if “burn DC down and start over” had been on the ballot, most of the people in my district would have voted for it.