Yep, I’ll be there

I can now confirm that the rumors are true. The rumors aren’t as exciting as the ones about Arnold Schwarzenegger’s love child or even the ones about Botox Mom. But they are true.

I’ll be with the Backwoods Home gang at the Mother Earth News Fair in Puyallup, Washington, on the weekend of June 4 & 5.

I’ll be there signing copies of Hardyville Tales and (if the Duffys permit) taking orders for any and all of my books from other publishers. (I can also take advance orders and hand your autographed copies to you at the fair.)

The event should be a great one with tons of displays, demonstrations, and workshops. Covered topics include “real food, renewable energy, small-scale agriculture, gardening, green building, green transportation and natural health.”

BHM and TMEN readers have a lot of interests in common — and a lot not in common. So accepting TMEN’s invitation to appear at the fair is an experiment for BHM and all of us who staff the BHM exhibit. Whatever happens, it should be interesting.

So c’mon down!

The Duffys kindly offered to pay my expenses and let me keep all revenues from sales of Hardyville Tales. Book sales will be my only income from the event, so if you can see your way to buying a copy or two from me, great. Even better if you also grab yourself some other BHM goodies for your pleasure and edification and to support the Duffys.

I’ll be announcing some show specials in the next few days.

But the main thing is, just come to the Puyallup Fairgrounds, south of Tacoma, enjoy the fair, and stop by the BHM booth and see us! I’ve already heard that a few “old friends I’ve never met” will be there. I’m very much looking forward to putting faces to the names and personalities.

1. LibertyNews
    LibertyNews May 20, 2011 5:43 am

This is the one and only time you’ll find me at a TMEN event 🙂

2. Matt
    Matt May 20, 2011 7:33 am

TMEN must of invited BHM in a search for street creds.

3. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal May 20, 2011 8:34 am

A bit out of my range. Sounds like it could be fun though.

4. A. G.
    A. G. May 20, 2011 11:36 am

Sorry to have to miss that. Sounds like a great event, worth travelling for.

5. Karen
    Karen May 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Darn darn! 1400 miles! 21 hour drive! I’m jealous of all the folks in the PNW who’ll get to meet you.

6. DSC
    DSC May 21, 2011 2:09 am

We’ll see you there!

7. Ellendra
    Ellendra May 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Too bad you can’t come to that energy fair in Wi, too. I’d love a chance to meet you in person!

8. Lisa
    Lisa May 23, 2011 12:11 pm

I’m so stoked! I just looked at the workshop schedule for the event and it looks very informative.

This happens to be my VERY FIRST non-holiday weekend I will not be working in 3 years, and I can’t think of a better way to spend it. Thanks for the heads up!

Claire May 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Yay! I’m so glad so many people are planning to be there. Lisa, it’ll be great to see you again and great to see the rest of you who are coming for the very first time.

Yeah, I know it’s too much of a trek for some — and definitely Wisconsin is out for me. But … well, we can meet in spirit. Or something like that. 🙂

10. ansonmacdonald
    ansonmacdonald June 3, 2011 11:10 am

I’d love to meet you and buy some personally autographed books Claire as I’ve been a reader of yours for more years than I can count. Being on the east coast is always pretty sucky but times like now it’s truly irksome.

I wish you and all who attend well and I’m still looking forward to meeting you someday!