Still deadlining. Picked up a couple more small assignments over the weekend. Sanity retreats again — but I shall chase it down and catch up with it!
- Dogs (and not wolves) use humans as tools. Every dog person knows that; now scientists do, too. (Tip o’ hat to MLS.)
- Yes. Really. The border fence is to keep the Mexicans IN.
- Methodists (good for them) demonstrate against private prisons. Would you like your state to make a deal with CCA guaranteeing to keep all its prisons at 90% occupancy for 20 years?
- Microsoft cautiously and wimpily begins to back away from CISPA.
- The consequences of printing money that nobody wants.
- Physicians aren’t just opposed to Obamacare; some are organizing to develop a “bottom-up,” market-driven alternative. Big meet this weekend.
- In news you can use, Survival Mom by Lisa Bedford is a seriously good book (and sometimes an amusingly good book) for anyone whose preparedness plans include children, elders, or pets — dependents of any sort.