Back from a good — but busy and tiring — weekend. As Dave says, the Mother Earth News Fair was even bigger and better than last year. My friend and I were there only a few hours in a very full weekend.
Some links and a couple of funnies for you:
- Part one of a four-parter on how DC cops SWATTED a vet because they thought he might have some unregistered guns. (Several people sent me this one, thank you.)
- The FBI and ATF bust yet another harmless but idiotically careless victim. Check out the middle name on that young lady! With a name like that how could she not be interested in things that go boom?
- Well, it’s happened. A political activist has escaped America and sought and was granted political asylum. Not only that, it’s the famous and much-abused Julian Heicklen.
- “Let’s (not) get physicals.”
- A community and its officials butt heads over a free-range dog.
- Venezuela bans all private gun ownership. To … “improve security”. Unh huh. Yeahhhhhh …. (H/T MJR)
- Want a really cool job? Too bad about all that competition. (This and the two below courtesy of C^2.)
Here’s unassailable proof (or what’s known in the trade as a “true fact”). The lack of pirates causes global warming:
And here’s a real fact: