Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Time to train cops not to shoot dogs. Ya think? (But if they quit killing our pets, how will the cowards control us??? Oh yeah, that’s right. By SWATting our poker games and busting our kids’ lemonade stands.)
- Nostalgia has never been my thing. Those “good old days”? They weren’t really so good. Turns out, though, that nostalgia’s actually good for you.
- Awwwwww. Blind couple fall in love after their guide dogs do.
- It’s a crappy law and just more permit pushing. But both houses of the Illinois legislature hugely overrode Gov. Pat Quinn’s weird attempt to use his veto to rewrite the bill they’d passed. What makes this grand despite its flaws is that there is now no state in the union that completely forbids concealed carry. Sure, they’ll still do their best to obstruct it. But that’s what governments are for — get in a man’s way.
- And of course for every grudging Illinois, there is an Arkansas, thanks to the hard, steady work of the real grassroots.
- I’ve been saving this one up for a couple of weeks, hoping to do something more with it. Not getting there, so here you go. “The debate over the U.S. government’s monitoring of digital communications suggests that Americans are willing to allow it as long as it is genuinely targeted at terrorists. What they fail to realize is that the surveillance systems are best suited for gathering information on law-abiding citizens.”