Small update on TJIC

Not much of an update, but at least a little comforting news. I’ve heard from Travis Corcoran (TJIC). Hasn’t been much news since the July 4th raid that Tam told the world about. I’m now able to say (and I quote), “I talked to him, he’s OK and moving to the Free State Project.”

And that’s the truth. The full story is of course way more complicated than that, but it’s not being told on the advice of lawyers. Bottom line is that TJIC and Jenny have hope of eventually removing themselves from the evil clutches of Massachusetts cops.

If a fundraiser is needed (no word on that yet), I know the whole gunblog community, including this place and its wonderful Commentariat and readership, can be counted on to help.

And remember … “I am TJIC.”

1. lelnet
    lelnet July 8, 2013 1:06 pm

It amazes me he didn’t do so after Round 1. But I suppose he must have had his reasons, which are none of our business if he doesn’t choose to share them.

Glad to see another household getting out of MA. Shame about what triggered it, though.

2. anon
    anon July 8, 2013 2:36 pm

> I suppose he must have had his reasons

At the time he said somewhere (Tam’s blog?) that he has kids or godkids who live nearby.

If he’s telling Claire now that he’s leaving the state, clearly the LEO pressure has gotten so bad that he feels he has to leave family behind.

3. Terry
    Terry July 8, 2013 6:31 pm

Claire

I’ve emailed Tam about this but not gotten a reply. If you get legal fund info, please post it here.

Thanks

Terry

Claire July 9, 2013 5:27 pm

Terry — Thank you. 🙂 Far as I know, there’s no legal fund needed yet. Nobody has been arrested or charged with anything — at least to date.

5. Tam
    Tam July 9, 2013 7:44 pm

Terry,

Check your mailbox !

I’m a lousy correspondent. 😮

6. Tam
    Tam July 9, 2013 7:45 pm

(But yeah, what Claire said. No fund needed at this point.)

7. KenK
    KenK July 10, 2013 2:57 pm

How did this guy happen to come to the attention of the cops in the first place?

Claire July 10, 2013 3:31 pm

His original “offense” back in 2011 was blogging a remark about as “threatening” as the famous “20,000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea” joke:

Apparently Masscops have been watching him ever since, waiting for him to open his mouth again.