The Law in Hardyville

Just because.

It came up in comments the other day and it’s always been a favorite of mine among Hardyville columns. This was a collaboration between ex-Significant Sweetie Charles Curley and me, concocted during some interminable car trip across Wyoming. (All car trips across Wyoming are interminable, which is one reason I’m not there any more.) I love the “credit” Charles gave himself at the end.

Besides, it’s just a Good Idea.

Pat July 8, 2013 5:14 am

And God saw that it was good, and he said “Yeeaah! The world is in good hands.”

Joel July 8, 2013 6:30 am

I always loved that one.

And also got a big kick out of Charles Curley’s unique disclaimer.

3. Karen
    Karen July 8, 2013 6:49 am

Wonderful blast from the past! And I hope that the promise of the return of Hardyville is a new addition and not just part of the past original post.

4. Paul Bonneau
    Paul Bonneau July 8, 2013 7:30 am

I recently handed a copy of Hardyville Tales to a friend of mine, of the more conservative persuasion (another Wyomingite). He said it was a wonderful book so you have a new admirer. I think it is the most effective book you have written, because it is so accessible to so many diverse folks.

Charles is a mutual friend. Next time you get up to Lincoln City or Hillsboro, give me a holler. 🙂

5. jesse bogan
    jesse bogan July 8, 2013 10:21 am

Anybody have the number of a real estate agent there?

6. Dick
    Dick July 8, 2013 10:50 am

Damn how I wish I had a court document declaring I’m not a lawyer. As we all know, when the Statist takeover the first up against the wall will be the lawyers. I for one would like to have proof to the contrary.

7. Chris
    Chris July 8, 2013 4:02 pm

Those of us who choose to living in Wyoming like our interminable drives; we find them relaxing. Life here is more about the journey than the destination. It’s sure not for everyone.

MamaLiberty July 9, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah Chris, the long drive is one of the advantages here… otherwise, you’d have to live far too close to a bunch of strangers!! It’s all those strangers that mess up a whole lot of other places.

Luckily, nobody is ever going to mistake me for any kind of lawyer… LOL