- And here we thought that at least one amendment was still safe from gummint over-reach and thuggery. Sigh. Not so for one abused family in Nevada.
- Hey, lookee here. Yet another group has sprung up, pretending to be pro-gun but, you know, responsible (unlike the rest of us). This is at least the third in the last 20 years that’s used pro-gun cover to promote the full anti line. Bitter does a magnificent fisking, right down to uncovering their Obama affiliations. (Via Joel)
- So, you remember those “unsecured” guns the Mounties had to
confiscate steal lootprotect in a flooded Canadian town? Yeah. Well, guess who “unsecured” them in the first place by breaking into the owners’ houses? That included houses that were neither flooded nor in the flood zone. (H/T MJR)
- Restore the Fourth. Pix from their Mordor rally. (Love the guy with the porn sign.)
- Good LRC article by Doug Hornig on protecting online privacy.
- I can find no updates on this, despite the fact that the outrageous raid struck on Independence Day. Good luck TJIC and Jenny. (Much of the story appears in the comments, where Travis Corcoran (TJIC himself) makes an appearance). It’s ominous to hear nothing in these ‘Netly days. Anybody have later information?
Oh, what the heck. We need some big dogs here, for the good cheer, if nothing else: