- If you’re a geeky kid who likes inventing electronic gadgets your name better not be Ahmed Mohamed. Poor kid. That’ll teach him to want to be a maker instead of a destroyer. (UPDATE: Looks as if Ahmed might come out of this in good shape, though.)
- I love it! And A.G. was so right when he asked in comments, “How did this ever make it into the New Yorker?” (Speaking of coming-of-age novels, as we were) “The Politically Correct Lord of the Flies.”
- Ulp. I always thought snakes in toilets was a myth.
- Damn! The world is ending. Again. This month. I wish it would stop doing that.
- Selfie-generation dimwits.
- Google. It’s really, truly everywhere. Perhaps even in your front yard.
- Per Laird in comments: Here’s one small town that’s dealing with police brutality the right way.
(H/T to the Usual Suspects 😉 )