- Lots of media outlets are reporting on Jill Stein’s efforts to get recounts in the three “Hillary firewall” states that Trump won. How come so few are reporting on Stein’s comically scammish and ever-escalating claims about the amount of money she needs?
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation reports on censorship in social media (.pdf). (Very readable report, too.)
- Where is Julian Assange and what has happened to Wikileaks?
- Of the many barbaric acts for which ISIS will be forever damned, their deliberate destruction of historical sites will certainly be one. Yes, it happens all the time in war, but seldom is it done with such sheer religious zeal, to stamp out imagined 3,000-year-old “heresy.”
- So why did the federal Bureau of Prisons send representatives to a notorious CIA torture site, proclaim it to be perfectly acceptable, then try to cover up the whole business?
- Wonder what will happen now to the effort, however wussy, to curb arbitrary civil forfeiture and the human tragedies that follow it?
- Solving the mystery of Boston’s great molasses disaster a hundred years later. (An encouraging reminder that some American schools still teach something other than social-justice pecksniffery.)
- OMG these photos are beautiful: huge dogs and tiny toddlers.
Because it’s the time of year for having extra power …