- Bet you didn’t know that brewing and serving tea is a manly art.
- Or that we’re getting closer to the time when we’ll be able to print our own body parts. (Yeah, I know this news is frustrating for some of my friends; seems this great day always remains on the horizon.)
- DA won’t retry cops for killing a homeless man who was in the process of retreating from them.
- If the Trump administration cracks down on state-legal cannabis some states will fight back. Living in a blue state isn’t always a bad thing. Washington, Oregon, and Colorado blue is a nicer shade than Massachusetts or New York blue.
- Silicon Valley liberal goes looking to understand Trump supporters: discovers they’re human. And varied. And thoughtful.
- I don’t care who you are or what your position on immigration (or medical care for illegal immigrants) is. This is barbaric and would never be done by decent, humane people.
- I have many bad things to say about Amazon this week. But at least they’re willing to fight the good fight on the Bill of Rights. Probably a losing battle since courts habitually treat data held by third parties differently than they do data still in a suspect’s possession. But nice effort.
- Speaking of fighting the good fight … Terrorists build drones. France trains an “eagle fleet” to destroy them.
Amazon Alexa: There’s a fair bit of unfortunate case law on data retained by third parties which, to this non-lawyer, seems applicable to the Amazon case. Knowing that, I suspect a big reason they’re fighting this is to prevent people discovering how much data they’re really collecting and how long (forever) they’re keeping it.
Google’s Android OS is as bad. If anyone knows how to permanently disable voice search on an Android tablet without physically disabling the mike, let me know.
“If the Trump administration cracks down on state-legal cannabis some states will fight back.”
I Tweeted Trump about this and requested that he advise Sessions to back off. Trump has previously stated that he doesn’t care and that he thinks it’s an issue that should be left to the states. It’s Sessions who has spoken out against recreational legalization. I hardly ever Tweet, but I did on this issue and it was directed to the Donald:
Twitter is Trump’s preferred method of direct communication, so hopefully he got my Tweets and will take my advice to heart.
While you are at it ask Sessions & Trump to back off taking property without due process too.
OT: Now I know how Venus got its name; it’s absolutely beautiful and almost as bright as a streetlight. I didn’t see Mars, though.
Perhaps makes one think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QF7QXSNDIM
Another Amazon product with humorous reviews: The Prison Wallet Phone