- Even in our age of omni-surveillance and omni-suspicion this is weird and creepy. (H/T CB)
- Is there room at the inn (in law schools, that is) for conservative and libertarian academics?
- In the Internet age, even in that part of the Internet age when “self-identification” is the new holy grail, representing yourself to be something you are not can not only bite you, but go on biting and biting and biting you.
- Four rituals — and blessedly I am talking about quick-n-easy rituals (some familiar and some less so) — that will quickly de-stress you.
- Why people in Sweden are quite rationally overpaying their taxes (great link from jc2k in comments)
- Deadbeat dog turns his life around and gets a full-time job.
NOTE: Thank you all, with special thanks to Friday guest-poster Shel, for creating a big Amazon weekend. I spent the weekend walking and working and noodling and muddling about where to go from here. Made some decisions about upcoming private/personal choices, but am still floating in the air about public/professional/personal ones (for a blogger the lines are fuzzy). I’ll try to blog later today or perhaps tomorrow about that.