- Janet Yellen brings us shades of Neville Chamberlain.
- There’s hope yet for the Luddites. Thin hope, perhaps. But hope.
- I heard that interview with John McEnroe. Never even occurred to me that his praise of Serena Williams could be controversial. Observing and stating reality is a dangerous business these days.
- Can libertarianism cure Brazil’s corrupt politics? Not holding my breath, but it’s an interesting development, anyhow.
- Patients who’ve used both opiates and cannabis for pain control overwhelmingly prefer cannabis.
- Cannabis legalization has other benefits, too. Even for those who don’t use it and don’t care to. (H/T jc2k)
- Charles C. W. Cook explains how impossible it is for a Canadian court to make Justin Trudeau emperor of the worldwide web.
- Dying to be famous. Literally. Young eejits. Darwin Award contenders for sure.
- So, okay. I agree it’s good to let your kids do these 23 dangerous things. But that some of them are even considered “dangerous” shows how totally snowflake our culture has become.
- Speaking of which, anti-free-speech academics are shocked! when their own get bitten.
- Rescue pit bull elected town mayor after a scandalous v*te-buying scheme!
I might (or might not) be a tad scarce for the next couple of days. I’ve got a project to do, which for one reason or another keeps slipping below my radar. I’ve finally had to carve out time for it and Just Say No to other work and all those lovely distractions life teases me with.
I’ll be clocking in periodically to approve comments, check on sales of the Front Sight certificates, and email FS signup links (hopefully including to that first buyer, whose contact info I still need). But if I’m quiet for a day or two, enjoy your summer days and don’t worry.