Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Uber and Lyft are not just disrupting longstanding “taxi control” in New York City. They’re disrupting lenders who have profited from the insane medallion fees.
- Ha ha ha. You know all those well-heeled people who are always spouting about how everybody should pay higher taxes? Well guess what happens when they’re invited to volunteer more of their own dough?
- This planet’s a crazy place. When it’s time to leave, is it feasible to terraform Mars?
- Of all the people who “invented the Internet” Claude Shannon may have the best claim. A new book looks at one of history’s forgotten geniuses.
- And in the realm of geniuses who won’t let us forget them, John McAfee vows to eat his own … well, you’ll have to go read. It’s not printable in a PG-rated blog.
- O.J. Simpson: still living in Cloud Cuckoo Land, where he’s going to get right out of prison and go on playing golf and being loved, according to one of his friends. This is exactly the attitude Simpson took after being found not guilty of murder.
- Yet another case of police body cams being conveniently turned off. (The woman the cops slaughtered was “guilty” of calling 911 to report a suspected crime. Her killer is currently enjoying the standard paid vacation.)
- Just seven days after being released from prison, he skips a job interview to save a life.
- After declaring victory over ISIS Iraq returns to being paradise on earth. 😉