- The DoJ is trying to get personal data on five Twitter users (one or two of whom you may know) because they received a smiley from a security researcher the feds have it in for.
- Black preacher claims he was banned from a health club for giving an interview supporting Donald Trump.
- Via Wendy McElroy: Big data meets Big Brother. In China. But I’ve seen hundreds of people on credit forums who’d think this horror was a fabulous idea.
- He’s 17 and shaking up the world of artificial intelligence. (And he’s of Asian extraction, of course — the wrong kind of minority. But perhaps one of the Ivies will still let him in if they get shamed into it.)
- The Vanderboegh Tapes from Mike’s last interview are now available.
- Long read: The scientists reforming the field of interrogation (by confirming what ought to be common sense, but when it comes to authoritarians, isn’t).
- Reformation Day — the 500th anniversary of the day Luther posted those famous (but these days seldom read) theses on the door — is this coming Tuesday. The Babylon Bee explains the Protestant reformation in terms moderns can understand.
- A blind runner trains guide dogs for racers.
- Yes, definitely animal abuse. 🙂
The Twitter subpoena is pretty stupid, amounting to “because we can” and we’re butthurt. Particularly since, in at least 2 cases, and probably 3 or more, these people aren’t trying to hide anything. Going through Twitter to get to Ken White is just absurd.
Thanks for the link to MBV’s last. Vimeo likes to tell me I need to update my technology, but youtube-dl downloads from there as well. 🙂
Oh, did you see the Kia Soul recall? I don’t remember what year yours is.
Thanks for the heads-up, jed. That’s pretty bad alright. But fortunately it doesn’t affect me.
Special Agent Eric Cartmann said “We’re the FBI and WE DO WHAT WE WANT”. 😆
I will be purchasing MV last interview for sure. I thought there was going to be a DVD and sent money for it but it got returned for a wrong address (could have been me), now I will just download it.