- In the “news that shouldn’t be news” department, Utah may legalize free-range parenting.
- Data from fitness trackers may have exposed the layout of secret military bases.
- Long read, but good one: In promoting the ideas of freedom we’ll get farther by telling stories than by making logical arguments.
- The Dems have chosen they’re guy to rebut Trump’s state-of-the-union speech. He’s got minimal political experience. But he’s got the right face and right name. Are these people so completely out of steam?
- “Life After Debt.” The experiences of one young couple who paid off their student loans and got on with living.
- Yet another tiny home concept. Specifically for homeless people in this case. But it’s interesting how much can be done with so little. (H/T MJ)
- Okay, I admit that this is the lightest of “lite” items. But with Hollywood being even more than usually packed with snotty jerks, it’s nice to hear about the good guys. Keanu Reeves is definitely one. So is Mark Hamill by all accounts. (Keanu also learned serious firearm techniques from the best teachers for his John Wick movies.)
- Via Shel in comments: Dogs and a tennis ball standoff.
And for you cat people …