Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Free-range kids are now legal in Utah. Why should it ever have been otherwise? (H/T BD)
- Hahaha. So much for biometrics. A group of researchers has created a wearable tool that enables you to fool facial recognition systems into thinking you’re somebody else. A specific somebody else of your choice, apparently.
- What it’s going to be like, ordering from Facebook Pizza. (Via ILTim in comments)
- Harrowing stories of trans people who’ve bitterly regretted their sex-reassignment surgeries.
- The new Wes Anderson stop-action film, Isle of Dogs is getting raves. There was a real-world isle of dogs that was a hellish deathtrap for canines and might even have helped bring down the Ottoman Empire. (The name of the monster who created the place was vaguely familiar to me and I was delighted to confirm that he was assassinated a few years later, though for causes unrelated.)
- Long but very touching: a mooving story of farming. (Tip o’ hat to Shel)