Just a hair and we’re halfway there

$2,484 on the fundraising thermometer this morning! Just $16 shy of the halfway point.

This is thanks to a one-two punch of generosity by RZ and TW (building on the foundation laid by 26 other donors).

Wednesday, the 16th, is hump day for the Final Fundraiser. That’s the day it’s halfway over — which makes the timing for this morning’s leap feel propitious. Thank you all for making this a very un-Mondaylike Monday.

—–

UPDATE: Reader JC makes it an even $2,500!

I confess, knowing how much some people like to round off numbers, I considered being sneaky and waiting to see if three or four people would PayPal.me $16. But although I can think sneaky, I can’t be that sneaky. JC deserves his moment of fame.

Now OTOH, I know there are other readers who like odd numbers more than even ones. Occasionally in past fundraisers we’ve had the Odds and Evens trying to trump each other. So if any of you are feeling a bit Odd today, go ahead … wreck that nice, elegant round figure. I dare you. (Preferably with something more than a buck, if you don’t mind. Also, one friendly Odd already learned that the thermostats don’t deal with anything to the right of a decimal point (when he donated $11.19). Just FYI.)

1. fred
    fred May 14, 2018 10:55 pm

So truth be known its actually $2,500.19?

Claire May 15, 2018 4:09 am

Come to think of it, fred, yes it is. (And wouldn’t that drive the Evens crazy if they thought about it?)

3. fred
    fred May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Soooo….the evens need a something and 81 cents donation.

4. Paul Joat
    Paul Joat May 18, 2018 1:47 pm

So if I donate with bitcoin with random digits down to the satoshi will the evens ever be able to fix it?

Claire May 18, 2018 1:56 pm

🙂 The Evens will never be able to fix it, even without the satoshis. Because while Evens are all, I’m sure, upright, moral, and obsessively clean-living people, the Odds are … devious. And determined to create chaos out of order. That beats clean-living every time.

Should you decide to lay some BTC on me, with your permission I shall be happy to report the sum down to the last maddening digit.

6. Paul Joat
    Paul Joat May 18, 2018 3:08 pm

My phone wallet that I bought some bitcoin on is almost out but I sent a bit more of it, I need to find someone else to sell me more for cash.

Claire May 18, 2018 3:20 pm

0.00023497 BTC

That should do a proper job of upsetting the Evens. If I understand correctly, that is 23,497 satoshis, or just under 2 FRNS. 🙂

ADDED Terminology I never knew:

1 BTC = 1,000 mBTC (millibitcoin)
    1 BTC = 1,000,000 μBTC (microbitcoin)
    1 BTC = 100,000,000 Satoshis
    1 mBTC = 100,000 Satoshis
    1 μBTC (microbitcoin) = 100 Satoshis

So there are one hundred million satoshis in a BTC. That sounds like a lot of money.