Press "Enter" to skip to content
- This is what we’ve come to. Two employees, who did nothing wrong, got fired from their jobs for refusing to serve a woman who entered their business after it had already closed for the night. They refused service to several people, but only the one belonged to the Offended Class. (H/T jc2k in comments)
- Stockton will become the first city in the U.S. to give out free cash in hopes of ending poverty and inequality. (At least it’s donated cash.)
- Those new tariffs will harm everyone. Except perhaps a few cronies.
- The senator who pushed the successful “right to try” bill for terminally ill patients is being loud, clear, and as emphatic as he can be that his intent was to cripple the FDA’s power.
- Hey, Oregon. If you’re having trouble, maybe the solution is damn stupid drug testing and more respect for individual character and competence. (Also H/T jc2k)
- He spent two decades in prison. He turned his life around. He was released and doing well. Then prosecutors insisted, on a cruel technicality, that he needed another 10 years behind bars. (There’s an active campaign now to get him out.)
- How the ‘Net is changing dog rescue and adoption.
- When bookstore employees get bored.
- Your awwwwww story for the day: In war-torn Syria, a cat rescuer and a rescued kitten comfort a grieving dog.