Monday links

1. James
    James August 13, 2018 9:22 am

Yeah … after reading the hypocognition article, I still don’t know that I have it. Notice that everything she explains that some other language has a single word for, seems to be completely explicable by an English phrase, or a sentence or two at most. The Japanese guy who’s feeling “amae” can be explained in English as a selfish and manipulative bastard, as I see things. If the author says that’s a cool thing in Japan, well, okay … I think that’s why it’s good to have different countries, so the Japanese can be Japanese and we can be us. Of course, in the great new borderless world, I guess we’ll all just live cheek by jowl, fight with each other, and scrabble for whatever work is available at whatever wages The Great Global Corporation feels like paying. Yippeee!

But don’t get me started ..,

2. fred
    fred August 13, 2018 9:50 am

Yay on the diabetes.Rather have insulin pumps than F-35’s.Look how simple that tech actually is.

clinton Foundation,find me ONE clintonista who can grasp that.CDS,clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Comrade X August 13, 2018 10:19 am

I loves da Bones but I doubt if I could get my arms around him even if he was to let me!

Pat August 13, 2018 10:59 am

Hypocognition sounds like Ignorance in many cases. If you’ve hever experienced something, never heard of it, never had occasion to need or use it, in short, you’re not *cognizant” of it, then the antidote to that is — Learning.

On another level, in the case of pre-diabetic symptoms, it’s simply being aware of what your body is telling you. If you don’t pay attention, you’re not going to “get it” — no matter what IT is. (And if you don’t know what symptoms relate to what, you won’t get it anyway. That, too, is ignorance — not knowing, and therefore is a need to learn something.)

I have several questions about the DIY pancreas, and I haven’t had time to think it all through yet. I can see where kids (or anyone) with Diabetes I might definitely benefit from this technology, but with Diabetes 2, it should not be necessary.

They are (finally) making headway in controlling Diabetes (2) with diet and exercise to the point of cutting insulin shots down to po medication, or eliminating insulin altogether. This is a method of control that’s been known at least since the 70s, and long before that in research. Two things that have held up this treatment are doctors who insist on using insulin, thus perpetuating the insulin/sugar see-saw in the patient’s body, and patients who won’t cooperate by eating the right foods (or continuing to eat the wrong foods), and by exercising (it doesn’t take much — just a regular regime of walking). It’s not “traditional” medicine, but TM is not working and only benefits the drug companies anyway; diet and exercise benefit the patient.

5. progunfred
    progunfred August 13, 2018 12:37 pm

I don’t fear the Deep State. Their politicians and enforcers with the new wave of Donald “I like taking the guns first” Trump’s Red Flag laws are a problem.

Very few people have regular old diabetes. For the all others there is a cure, it’s meat and veggies and mild to moderate exercise. If it’s not a raw piece of an animal or a raw veggie then it’s off the list. It pains me to meet 300 pounders who sound like they just ran a marathon by getting out the chair and then they complain about their health.I get it though, High Fructose Corn Syrup and Cane Sugar are highly addictive and the withdraws can include deep emotional despair solved by eating more of it. Of course with everything in American health care they are simply being used as ATM’s by the Medical Industrial Complex. Ain’t socialism grand? I don’t have diabetes so my info is hearsay but I’m very interested, as a budding food snob, about dietary nutrition and the health results of poor diet and beneficial results of eating nutrient dense foods.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold August 14, 2018 9:35 am

“We’re ready to work with members of Congress and others to help make the internet free and open for everyone.”

Regulations keep people from doing things. If you “work with members of Congress” you won’t get “free and open.”