Friday links

Joel October 5, 2018 6:24 am

I trust Washington to protect my privacy from Silicon Valley – in some universe other than this one. In no universe at all do I expect help protecting my privacy from Washington.

2. Mark Call
    Mark Call October 5, 2018 7:05 am

As for water, sounds more like potential smoke than serious. Yes, drinking water pollution is hardly new, or seriously reported. (Even Kubrick had it right, albeit couched in humor, way back in “Doctor Strangelove.”)

And why blame anything Big Brother wants to push for tons of new and coming maladies on their Public-Private Partners, like Big Pharma, and Big Comm? (Not that the concept of “two-factor interactions” isn’t important to remember. The best poisons are much harder to spot that way.)

Yet another advantage of being off-grid. Even if we have haul some during a drought, it’s still possible (and thank Berkey, too) to avoid Chorine, flourine, wonderful mandated MTBE in groundwater, and other people’s recycled SSRI and birth control effluents.

3. kentmcmanigal
    kentmcmanigal October 5, 2018 7:55 am

I know the best way to end SWATting– abolish SWAT teams.

4. larryarnold
    larryarnold October 5, 2018 10:18 am

If the internet Bill of Rights doesn’t protect us from government (and it won’t) then they aren’t “rights.”

5. Shel
    Shel October 5, 2018 2:12 pm

When the judge had the litigants stand in opposite directions and call the dog, the dog ran to the judge. It never ceases to amaze me how perfectly animals can understand situations.

6. ellendra
    ellendra October 5, 2018 4:47 pm

I’m going to have to get a pair of those glasses. Hi-def screens give me migraines. At home that isn’t a problem, but when traveling it is. You wouldn’t believe how many places have hi-def screens everywhere you look.