- John Wilder explains that weird thing called Modern Monetary Theory — using bikini-girl graphs. (Only John Wilder …)
- Want to heal the Internet? Ban all collection of user data, says Charles Hugh Smith. (Philosophically I can’t agree, but I definitely understand the wish.)
- The Internet is now making us less free.
- Social media knows what you’re going to say next — even if you don’t participate in social media.
- The Art of Manliness: Nine ways to become more courageous.
- Will religious tests for public life become the next violation of freedom?
- More hopeful: Spaghetti monsters, the Supreme Court, and the free exercise of religion.
- Yeah, I’m sure that new DNA “magic box” will be really good — for cops and prosecutors; not so much for freedom, science, or innocent folk.
- The “justice” system already has a dangerous dependence on pseudoscience to gain convictions.
- Contact sports are suddenly having trouble getting insurance, threatening their future. (H/T MJR)
- Six oddball aspects of history.
- Have a living will and place it in the hands of somebody who will fight for it (and for you).
- Humorist and Pulitzer Prize winner Russell Baker, RIP.
[…] Wolfe of Living Freedom blog has Midweek links. (It’s good to see she is over her bout with the flu or the plaque or whatever it […]
If only colleges were to teach economics with bikini-girl (or boy) graphs the blue wave would then become a little ripple.
Well, MMT sounds valid. After all, Congress has been spending like a drunken sailor for decades now, we’re trillions in debt, and nothing seems wrong with that.
Like the guy who fell off the ten-story building. As he passed the second floor, he was heard to say, “So far, so good.”
In the EMS world we run into situations where the family calls and some say there is a DNR (do not resuscitate) and others say no. If there is no paper there is no DNR and legally we have to act or lose our certification and jobs.
Worse is the person with a DNR that no one knows where it is
I told my father to have one taped to the head of the bed, in his wallet, on his medication box and on the fridge.
The excellent MMT article makes me think of the quantitative easing video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k
[…] Claire Wolfe at Living Freedom Blog – Midweek links. […]
Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, MMT is the justification for Quantitative Easing FOREVER. Or until we run out of food. Bright side? Free money. Down side? Nothing to buy.