- Boris Johnson’s monumental victory in Britain should remind U.S. Democrats of an important thing or two. Britain’s Labour Party “got woke and went broke” deserted en masse by working-class v*ters.
- Time magazine’s petulant brat of the year says up against the wall with leaders who don’t execute her climate agenda.
- Seeing like a finite state machine.
- Second amendment: Virginians stand their ground on sanctuary counties while the nation watches. Frightened, arrogant anti-gun pols threaten “consequences” — up to and including sending the National Guard in as an occupying force.
- The greatest political miracle? Trump has revamped the 9th circuit court. (For those who don’t follow court lore, the 9th has for decades been the most overturned in the nation and even more cavalier than usual with the Constitution.)
- Cops ripped her baby out of her arms (in an act of brutality that went viral on video). Now she wins $625k from NYC. But once again, apparently not to be paid by the gang members themselves or the leaders who sent them.
- Diabetes sufferers and their families continue to take treatment into their own hands, bypassing expensive and clunky industry options.
- Three steps to personal freedom.
- She’d been in a shelter more than 400 days, but somehow the sweet dog was always ignored by potential adopters — until a creative activist moved into her cage to live until she found a forever home.
- Most dogs are cute. But a few are handsome and debonnaire. 🙂
Joke, via reader AE (I had to read it twice before I got it):
A husband and wife are doing a crossword puzzle.
Husband: Programs for mobile devices. 4 letters
Husband: Adolescent, 4 letters
Husband: Contraction meaning failed to perform, 5 letters
Husband: Take a life, 4 letters
Husband: Religious songs, 5 letters
Husband: Santa’s little helper, 3 letters
Took me 3 tries until I got it…. good one…
WaPo wants me to cancel Private Mode browsing — so I did that.
Then they wanted me to cancel Ad Blocking.
(Reminded me of Niemoller’s “First they came for the socialists…. For the trade unionists…. For the Jews… Then they came for me.”)
I refuse to cancel it all; who the hell are they to tell me what I can put on my computer! I know it’s just temporary for this article, then I can change it back, BUT…
Does anyone know how else I can find the article on Diabetes?
Pat- try this:
Pat, SFGate reprinted it:
Oh, thanks, brew. Looks like you and I found and posted that link in the same minute.
I sent this and it got lost apparently. If it repeats, I apologize.
Thank you, brew, and Claire.
That was an interesting article.
“Klonoff also stressed that many physicians, for liability reasons, will not work with devices that haven’t been cleared by the FDA, so DIY patients may receive less medical supervision than those using authorized devices.”
The FDA is why many many medical issues have not been advanced or resolved, including nutrition, arthritis, and Alzheimers. But private doctors are taking some measures on their own. And technology, as in the case of diabetes, can help lead the way.
There are many medical problems that patients can help themselves — in fact SHOULD help themselves — but they need both advice and encouragement to know where to start. This is where doctors should do more of their own research and educating of the patient, rather than subject the patient to conventional treatments which do nothing to advance the condition toward wellness.
Three tries for me also.
Pat, for no frills perusal of just about any article copy and paste its link here: https://outline.com/
I use it several times a day.
The FDA is the enemy of medical scientific advancement. Their record is one of obstructionism and slavish support of the mega corps profits
Tyranny is on the march all over the country, many states have already fallen and there will be more to follow and then there is the nation as a whole once the tyrants are in total control (which we all know is only a matter of time), Virginia today is a flash point that may ignite the upcoming fire but IMHO it is only a matter of time when there will be a reckoning between those who love liberty and those who will insist on forcing their will on others, the only question is how and when.
The very needed fertilizing of that tree of liberty time is quickly approaching. The bigger question is whether that tree will survive the heat of the fire that fertilizer creates.
It took me about a dozen tries, but then I didn’t follow the story. Had to read the answers aloud.
A couple of years ago I became so disgusted with U.S. politics that I stopped following it. Instead, I began following British politics. All of the fun with no personal consequences.
I was thrilled when “blonde man bad” crushed the Labour party. Watching a colony struggle to gain its independence from the EU has been fascinating.
I got the crossword too. And no, he didn’t.
Watching a colony struggle to gain its independence from the EU has been fascinating.
Righto! Hadn’t thought about it that way.
Ha! I may steal that.
[…] Claire Wolfe of Living Freedom – Saturday links + joke. […]