One Million Pageviews

Silver here.

Today is a special day.  Today the Living Freedom blog has logged

One Million pageviews.

Those are pageviews since Claire left Backwoods Home in August 2016. Today marks one million views since that time.  Claire started Living Freedom 11 years ago tomorrow, on January 20, 2010.  The total number of pageviews over the life of Living Freedom is certainly far higher.

Claire has been a tireless voice for liberty, freedom, and personal responsibility for over 2 decades.  Her books are timeless and seem prescient today.  She has inspired and taught thousands of people about living free in an unfree world, preps, and keeping informed despite the tsunami of misinformation.

The commentariat has contributed nearly 50,000 comments in that same period.  The level and civility of discourse sets Claire’s work and her readers apart.

Please join me in congratulating and thanking Claire for her many accomplishments, hard work, and sustained commitment to the cause of freedom.

Claire January 19, 2021 9:31 am

I’m astonished. I had no idea.

Thank you, Silver, for finding that stat and talking it up so gallantly. And thank you world’s greatest readers and Commentariat.

Joel January 19, 2021 9:42 am

Yay Claire!

3. Cube64
    Cube64 January 19, 2021 9:50 am

Very well said, Silver. And thanks for bringing it to everyone’s attention.

4. Myself
    Myself January 19, 2021 10:22 am

Congratulations, here’s to the next million!

5. Val E. Forge
    Val E. Forge January 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Nice work Claire. I have read your stuff since the late 1990’s and as Silver says, its timeless.

6. jsto
    jsto January 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Thank you, Claire, for being one of the authors to light the way for me since 2011. It is greatly appreciated.

7. kentmcmanigal
    kentmcmanigal January 19, 2021 5:31 pm

Congratulations, Claire!
    Thank you for being an inspiration to so many and to me, personally! You’ll never realize just how much you’ve done for me.
    Back when I first discovered you I was living above my pet shop, the walls of which were decorated with pro-liberty quotes. One of which was your “infamous” quote about the “awkward stage”. Few of the other quotes (and I still have the old sheets that were taped to the walls) still mean as much to me as yours.
    I can’t begin to tell you how much you and your writing have meant to me over the years.

8. Kathy
    Kathy January 19, 2021 6:21 pm

Congratulations. Your words have changed my life and influenced the way I think about so many things. It’s been a gift. Thank you!

9. Whatzisname
    Whatzisname January 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Here’s to many more!!

10. larryarnold
    larryarnold January 19, 2021 10:35 pm

News from Living Freedom is, as usual, just what I need at the end of a long day.

Thanks Claire, and Silver.

11. Carl E Clark
    Carl E Clark January 20, 2021 12:47 am

Thank you, Claire. You have been one of my foremost inspirations for decades making it easier and sometimes possible to keep on keeping in. Eagledance

12. Jeff2
    Jeff2 January 20, 2021 5:35 am

Congratulations Claire! I feel very fortunate and blessed to have found you and the various forums and groups ‘Living Freedom!’ in the best ways we can. I miss the meetups we used to have. But I know everyone is still pushing for liberty.

Thanks Silver!

Peace to all.

Jeff2

13. Bibamufu
    Bibamufu January 20, 2021 6:34 am

Congratulations and thank you…

Comrade X January 20, 2021 6:56 am

Thank you Claire for being my inspiration.

15. SLeeSLee
    SLeeSLee January 20, 2021 9:41 am

Thank you Silver for making us aware of this wonderful statistic.

Congratulations Claire! Have been reading you for many years. Here’s to the next million posts!

16. Mike
    Mike January 20, 2021 11:46 am

Thanks Silver for marking this occasion! And a big thank you Ms. Claire for watering the tree of Liberty with your thoughtful words and insights.

Claire January 20, 2021 5:12 pm

I can’t even begin to know how to respond to all this. All I can do is say thank you. I look at the nyms on your comments and I see very old friends and newer friends and people I don’t recognize but am grateful to have in my world. It’s a wonderful continuity and one that fills me with joy in good times and hope in dark ones.

Of course there’s one thing I can do beyond just saying thanks; I can get back to writing. 🙂 So. Part five of “In Praise of Men” will be coming along in the next week or so, and though I have no plans to go back to regular daily blogging, I’ll try to write a little more frequently than I have been.

After all, we can’t let the End of the World As We Know It slip by without some good old Living Freedom wit and wisdom. (I’ll do my best on the wit; I count on you to help fill in the wisdom.)

Good luck to us all in this mad new year.

18. Fedup
    Fedup January 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Ya because everyone keeps checking a couple times a day to see if you posted something lmao. And low and behold.

19. Val E. Forge
    Val E. Forge January 20, 2021 6:11 pm

As far as TEOTWAWKI goes, maybe there’s hope, Claire. It’s been over two decades and we still haven’t shot the bastards (yet).

20. Kerry Person
    Kerry Person January 20, 2021 6:13 pm

Hip-hop hoorah!

21. Just Waiting
    Just Waiting January 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Wow! Congrats on the milestone.

I’m another of those 20 year folks, and it’s great to see so many familiar names for so long, but I think from time to time in sadness about those who we used to see all the time but have left us, like Mama Liberty, but then again I am happy to see all the new folks who have found there way here over the years.

Thanks for bringing us all together in freedom and liberty for all these years Claire
    D

22. Mary in Texas
    Mary in Texas January 21, 2021 10:32 am

Thank you Claire. Now for the next million.

23. John
    John January 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank You Claire.

24. John Wilder
    John Wilder January 21, 2021 6:32 pm

Woo! Congrats!!!

25. Jeffrey Hammer
    Jeffrey Hammer January 23, 2021 6:59 am

Keep on truckin!!!

26. Tahn
    Tahn January 28, 2021 9:26 am

Thank you Claire (and Silver)! What everyone else said!

I wouldn’t be “me”, without you Claire. Many years, many posts, many friends, much enlightenment.