Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Good CounterPunch op-ed on why the “peace” president, the “openness” president, and the “dissent is patriotic” president is sending the FBI to terrorize anti-war organizers, calling the peace activists terrorist supporters.
- Hm. Barry Ritholtz is just discovering that the left-right political divide is bogus. He now sez it’s us vs corporations. Getting closer to the truth there, Barry. But still missing the point. Question (and A Clue) for ya: What’s the biggest corporate body in the whole, entire world?
- How come, in all the many articles about the CIA’s drone war in Afghanistan, nobody ever, ever, ever, ever, ever asks the fundamental question: What the hell is the CIA doing conducting bombing raids — anywhere, on anybody???
- I love Ambrose Evans-Pritchard: “I apologise to readers around the world for having defended the emergency stimulus policies of the US Federal Reserve, and for arguing like an imbecile naif that the Fed would not succumb to drug addiction, political abuse, and mad intoxicated debauchery, once it began taking its first shots of quantitative easing. My pathetic assumption was that Ben Bernanke would deploy further QE only to stave off DEFLATION, not to create INFLATION. If the Federal Open Market Committee cannot see the difference, God help America.”
- How have I been unaware of OK Go for all this time? The The dog video is so awesome I ended up buying a high-res copy of it (proceeds going to animal rescue). But all their music videos are strangely wonderful and such amazing works of precision (thanks, UnReconstructed). And how, with all that speeding up and slowing down, did they synch the lip-synching to the music on this one?