Me on the Brian Wilson show

Well, now that it’s over and I didn’t make a complete fool of myself (thanks largely to skillful hosting), the podcast of my interview by Brian Wilson is online.

(That link goes to Wilson’s most recent podcasts. Here’s a direct link to today’s interview. Be prepared for it to start yakking at you as soon as you click.)

Really, it did go well — although we were in danger of getting into a two-hour discussion about golden retriever puppies. (Brian just got one after his young adult golden died suddenly a couple of months ago.) We got back on track and I hope you’ll find it a good 15 or 20 minutes.

Thank you, Jim Bovard, for finding the page of podcast links. (And I notice an interview with Jim is just a bit farther down the same page. And we’re both on the same page with Steve Forbes — something that’s unlikely to happen again in the history of the Web.) Thanks H., O., and P. for sending good cheer. But H., you coulda waited until afterwards so I could preserve my cherished stage-fright-curing illusion that nobody was listening.

1. Jim Bovard
    Jim Bovard December 7, 2010 7:42 pm

Claire did a bang-up job on the air today! Everybody should listen to she and Brian bantering about freedom & revolution…

Pat December 7, 2010 11:20 pm

The podcast sounded very relaxed, as well as making points about freedom. I hope Wilsonโ€™s audience cares enough to buy the book.

3. DrillSgtK
    DrillSgtK December 8, 2010 7:25 am

I hope this is a start of more podcasts interviews. I know I would love to hear her on my favorite podcast show :The Survival Podcast.

I’ve been reading her new books, it has been too long since I had such fun reading. (school reading is not fun reading)

Joel December 8, 2010 11:32 am

Good interview, Claire!

MamaLiberty December 8, 2010 12:10 pm

How fun to hear your voice after so many years! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m enjoying having a DSL connection more today than since it was installed.

Great interview! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. UnReconstructed
    UnReconstructed December 8, 2010 3:49 pm

(thats the sound of a lurker coming out of the woodwork..)

Good Interview….and excellent book plugging.

Atta Girl!

-UR

7. UnReconstructed
    UnReconstructed December 8, 2010 3:51 pm

darn….it ate my crunch…crackle…gnaw….crunch that preceded my earlier post

must have been the less than and greater than symbols…..

8. Charlie Earl
    Charlie Earl December 9, 2010 10:50 am

Terrific interview. As a regular listener to Brian’s show, I enjoy it most when he steps outside the reigning power elites for some refreshing good sense. Even Jimmy B. was “OK” earlier.

Claire December 9, 2010 11:26 am

Thank you and welcome, Charlie Earl. Delighted to hear from you.

And thanks everybody. It spooks me to go on the air. Really helps to know that it makes at least a bit of a difference when I do. Brian Wilson is very cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Wyomiles
    Wyomiles December 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Having never met Claire in person , this was a real treat hearing your voice after reading your books, blogs, and forum posts for so many years. Thanks for doing the interview Claire !

11. naturegirl
    naturegirl December 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Did I miss it, or do I need to update something, cuz it’s showing as broken….

Darn the holidays! making me fall behind…..

12. CS
    CS December 11, 2010 1:08 am

I greatly enjoyed your interview and thank you for linking it.

Since you mentioned it, I have to chime in on the “If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain” nonsense.

Someone tried that on me this last Silly Season. I shot back, “Wrong. You bought the E-ticket, you get to take the ride. Don’t complain and don’t throw up on my shoes afterward, either.”

(Shocked silence followed by a thoughtful look.)

“Wow. I never thought of it that way…”

I done me good deed for the day. ๐Ÿ˜‰