Friday links

1. Matt, another
    Matt, another June 8, 2012 7:52 am

I thought Idaho was considered one of those great Free states that should make up the American Redoubt that is touted here and there. When a stat agency can ban a product because they don’t like the label, then I guess that Free state isn’t so free after all.

Im my area getting heath care while uninsured is easy. All you got to do is Si Habla Espanol and give a bogus address.

That monstrous villan? None other than BHO himself, an unendighted war criminal.

2. Ellendra
    Ellendra June 8, 2012 9:45 am

“A trip to a doctor costs around $150–$200, or about the price of a nice dinner.”

$10 is the cost of a nice dinner in my world.

3. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal June 10, 2012 9:24 am

I recently had to bite the bullet and go to the doctor. Found out I had been fighting an infection for a year and a half or so, and it finally wore me down to the point I knew had to do something. I have no insurance and wouldn’t apply for welfare, so I now have about $800 in medical bills. Joy joy. But I feel better, and have been able to make at least a small payment most months.

In following the “shoot a drone” link, I saw this familiar subject over on the side.

4. KenK
    KenK June 10, 2012 10:18 am

@ Matt
    A “free state” is a contradiction in terms.

5. Kit Maira
    Kit Maira June 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Two more tips on cheap health care:
    Walmart has drop in health clinics in many locations that are very reasonable. http://www.walmart.com/cp/Walmart-Clinics/1078904
    Here is a link to their list of locations: http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/Clinic_Locations.pdf

Also, there are hundreds of low cost prescriptions also available at Walmart and Sam’s Club pharmacies, generally they are $4 for a 30 day supply, $10 for a 90 day. I believe that Costco has similar deals. You don’t need to be a member to use the club’s pharmacy.

6. winston
    winston June 12, 2012 12:52 am

This crap about banning stuff because it’s bad for you has really got to stop. I personally have cut sugary crap out of my daily diet (save for weekends and such where I just don’t care) and if I had kids they would’nt touch the stuff…but come on.

People scoff at smoking bans and drinking laws as for the greater good, but this is the next step, America. And it won’t be the last.