Just some Sunday feelgood stuff

That was a good thing you did, lady. But you’re supposed to offer to buy the mistreated dog before you steal it. (H/T JB)

—–

Welllll, dunno if it’s the best political ad ever. But not bad.

—–

Rabbit stampede!

(H/T JB)

—–

There’s been so much terrible news out of that monster mudslide in Washington. And the last few days, so little news because they’re not saying much until the medical examiner identifies the latest bodies. Some bodies will just be under that mud forever. And nobody will ever know exactly how many.

All week I’ve bookmarked article after article, hoping to find something meaningful to say. But there’s nothing. Except for the few people rescued immediately after the slide there’s been nothing good. Except this one small thing.

Thanks, naturegirl for the one bit of cheer. I’m going to erase all those bookmarks now.

—–

Also from naturegirl: Doggie magic tricks.

(Funny. But still mean.)

—–

Might’s well wrap up with some more funny dogs.

Cheers.

MamaLiberty March 30, 2014 8:36 am

I guess… but Joni Ernst doesn’t understand that the government doesn’t have any “means” to stay within, of course. They only have stolen goods, and the only rational action is to stop the theft. I didn’t hear her mention any of that. sigh

2. Curt S
    Curt S March 30, 2014 9:33 am

Kind of odd…..but then nothing surprises me anymore. Damm cops shooting folks for petty crap, kids getting kicked out of school for even mentioning guns…and on and on. What really ticks me off is shit like this, Lessee, cops can make a “judgement call” and it is ok….notice they only make that call if it *suits* them. Also, the vet could certainly substanciate the cruelty thing…so howcome the damm owner wasn’t cited for that? Seems to me, one thing is certain…..more and more there is this thing where cops push their authority. Why? Simple…to make an example for the rest of us…in other words…..we can make it miserable if you don’t follow our orders. Yeah…some guy robs a store, the cops take him down…I have no problem with that whatsoever. But this…..come on….this is pure bullshit!

3. jed
    jed March 30, 2014 10:39 am

That poor dog. He was a walking dust storm there! Maybe there was a creek nearby?

Meanwhile, from the cat department:

Claire March 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Yeah, can’t miss that dust — especially since the entire slide area was then, and remains now, a sea of muck that searchers have described as being like freshly poured concrete that hasn’t started to set yet. So Buddy must have found himself a rare dry, safe hidey-hole.

Big river right there. The Stillaguamish (I love that name). Slide plowed right through it.

Thanks for the cat pic and the laugh.

5. naturegirl
    naturegirl April 1, 2014 4:04 pm

Thank you:) for all those mentions. I did come across an article the other day regarding the rescues of the mudslide, a whole bunch of people pitched in and are helping. One dog lost a leg but is otherwise ok. Not sure if I saved the link, I’ll have to look when I get to my laptop.

I’ve been whining a lot lately until I saw this, and now it all seems silly – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaM-xXgl4Bs (info on here: http://mashable.com/2014/03/29/two-legged-dog-beach/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link )

Claire April 2, 2014 8:05 am

naturegirl — Thank you for all the additional links.

I’m glad so many animals made it out of the Oso mudslide and are being cared for. I’m just sorry more humans didn’t survive. The animals seem to have done better than the people.

As to Duncan Lou Who … I sheepishly admit I’m usually creeped out by dogs with missing limbs (oddly, not creeped out by people with missing bits; only dogs for some strange reason). But whotta charmer! And moves so smoothly and gracefully.

7. naturegirl
    naturegirl April 2, 2014 12:43 pm

You’re welcome, those stories had “gotta tell Claire” status, LOL. And I too cringe about any potential animal story where it may be deformed or distressed in some way. BUT – I finally realized what I didn’t like about them were the stories where their spirits were crushed not just the physical problems. Duncan is such a happy, I’m gonna live anyway! dog it almost steals the spotlight entirely.

I do believe animals can sense these disasters (especially the nature kind). They have a slight head start, assuming they can find hiding places. It’s just a sad situation all around and my heart goes out to those affected. And the First Responders – animals and humans, too.