Thursday links

* Speaking of Amazon, thanks for the excellent Prime Day!

And thank you for donating to help put the foundation back under this blog.

1. Fred
    Fred July 14, 2016 11:47 am

I like the catch phrase myself. But your right Claire, that’s about where the story dies. The writer proclaims to understand “The Working Class” and then goes on to expose himself as either; assuming it is stupid and ignorant or assuming he is smart and knows more and better.
    First, the Brits can’t explain their class structure because it is wrapped in lies. Leftists love class structure, all the while, pining away for themselves to fix it. Look, some people are better at some things than others. Some design buildings, others build them and still others design to keep some in a station. Simple, two short sentences.
    Second, The Internet doesn’t allow people from rural areas to migrate anywhere. It helps the dream for sure but, soros is funding the migration. Who’s paying for the freakin ferry boats? The conspiracy (saudi money) is even bigger but this is somebody else’s blog, another time. Latin and North America are different, migration back and forth had been happening long before the dreaded white man showed up and the even more dreaded marxists gave other people’s property away.
    And thirdly, the guy knows nothing of warfare and propaganda. Although he is correct in his assessment of the Iraq war (to set them free from themselves), he doesn’t understand that that war was coming no matter who got elected. Desert Storm was a classic battlefield prep campaign. only those ignorant of modern (mechanized) war would not know that this was planned.
    I sound just like a smirker, funny.

Eat stuff with cinnamon on it, it’s good for you. Your grandmother knew this. Isn’t tv and smart phones raising and teaching kids great? Most cinnamon flavored stuff does NOT have cinnamon in it by the way.

National dept, ain’t my debt. I owe no man.

Life in fly over country is simple indeed. Two kinds of men’s hair around here; short, number 2 or 3 short, and cute, southern baptist cute. Well, the hillbilly’s are anther matter but they don’t have hair problems, it just grows all by itself.

2. jed
    jed July 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Speaking of Amazon, they’re quietly eliminating list prices. Not that “list” price was ever meaningful anyway. On the occasions when I do compare prices, I rarely find items cheaper.

Natl. debt at 141% of GDP by 2046? Well, I won’t live that long, I suspect.

Yeah, cinammon – I’ve heard about it. You can get it in capsule form, so you don’t need to try the cinnamon challenge to use it. I suspect I’d need to eat a lot of slices of cinnamon toast to get a beneficial dose, but that isn’t all bad. For variety, cinammon rolls can be substituted.

Cayenne pepper is supposed to be good for you too.

3. jc2k
    jc2k July 14, 2016 2:54 pm
  4. LBS
    LBS July 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Let the celebrities and politicians stop using electricity and automobiles, if they’re serious about reducing their carbon footprints. (Have I said that before here? If so, sorry. I don’t want to be repetitive.) Also, if Matt Damon wants to ban guns, then he should stop making those violent Jason Bourne movies.

5. Chris
    Chris July 15, 2016 9:09 am

One thing that should be banned is people on the no-fly list from voting in Congress. Then we should have a do-over, recounting all the votes Ted Kennedy made when he was on the watch list.

6. R.L. Wurdack
    R.L. Wurdack July 15, 2016 3:28 pm

I think we should raise the voting age to 30, or take the “”Starship Trooper”” approach.

7. AG
    AG July 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Received this from the filmmaker: ” A, they were used as bell houses but they were also places for storing precious objects and for refuge. Though how effective they were as hideaways is open to question: a good few unfortunate monks met their ends when the towers they were hiding in were set on fire from below.”