Joel April 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Now, if they could have worked an actual cigar-chomping Scottie on a skateboard and next to a snifter into the picture, then they would have had something. 😏

2. fred
    fred April 21, 2018 9:59 pm

I have that sign.We hung it up so the ‘Girls’ know who to stay away from. 🙂

3. Coyote Hubbard
    Coyote Hubbard April 21, 2018 10:30 pm

At my place it would be the green circle around the image… Not that im an enabler of drunk, cigar smoking, skateboarding dogs – but the pack here is just nothing but drunk skateboarding cigar smokers…
    And were ok with that 😎

4. larryarnold
    larryarnold April 21, 2018 11:24 pm

So I suppose the Scottie is carrying concealed, just to round things out?

Claire April 22, 2018 8:13 am

Maybe the cigar is actually one of those clever single-shot .22s.

‘Cause you’re definitely right; Scottie does need a gun. If the cigar isn’t it, maybe he could score a firearm from one of Coyote Hubbard’s pack.

6. Reno Sepulveda
    Reno Sepulveda April 22, 2018 10:20 am

There’s a story that goes with this. I moved down to San Diego a few years ago and my friend and I walked our dogs in a great city park/nature preserve and that is where this picture comes from. Of course once we passed the softball diamonds and got out into the canyon, we let the dogs off-leash where they were free to chase rabbits and pee on all the fragile indigenous flora.

That sign sparked a lot of good conversation on those walks. My friend told me about hiking in Torre Pines State Park a few miles west. He and his wife had finished their hike and had returned to the parking lot to enjoy a light lunch on the tailgate of his truck. A park ranger descended on them because of their canned beverages,plastic sandwich and chip bags etc. which were verboten. It seems the indigenous plants and trees are so unique and feeble in that area that even the smallest amount of trash could cause catastrophic damage to them. My friend got a bit indignant with the ranger whereupon he was told “YOU’RE LUCKY WE EVEN LET YOU IN HERE.”

Have you ever gotten so angry so quickly your vision blurs?

Comrade X April 22, 2018 12:07 pm

All they have to do at Torre Pines to make me go where they want is put up those rattlesnake signs they have and then I never get off the beaten path.

8. Reno Sepulveda
    Reno Sepulveda April 22, 2018 2:27 pm

We have rattlesnakes out the wazoo up here in the Sierras too. No signs though.