It’s been nearly two years since my last bleg-a-thon. Now, as promised, the Final Fundraiser begins. And I mean that. After this, I plan not to have another fundraiser unless in some extreme emergency.
I hope you’ll contribute simply because you value this blog or Claire’s Cabal. But let me tell you what I’ll use the funds for:
- To keep the blog and the Cabal running, of course! That means not only hosting fees, maintenance and such, but also supporting the content.
- To finish the exterior of Ye Olde Wreck. After that, Ye Olde Wreck of a house will officially become The Mo Saoirse (My Freedom) Hermitage.
- To diagnose this whatever-the-heck-it-is that’s got me so beat and maybe see about treating it.
How to contribute: Let me count the ways.
- First and easiest, PayPal.me.
You can use that link even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- Want to avoid PayPal? I take checks and money orders. (Email me at fundraiser-at-hermit-dot-cotse-dot-net for the addy. If you already have PO Box __71, use that. It’s still good.)
- Then there’s Bitcoin (BTC): 1DKntWys3q7LFyVrjozMT67zET6D8jeRk8
- Or Bitcoin cash (BCH): qzrj7ntpllwk6jsnmzavakm707njah3r8ykettuew9
Armored carloads of gold, silver, cash, and gems are also accepted, but I suspect the four options above will cover it for most of you. 🙂
The QR codes for BTC and BCH are in the sidebar to the right. I’ve tested the addresses, but because there are no failsafes with cryptocurrency, please contact me before sending anything major.
The goal and timing
The goal of The Final Fundraiser is $5,000. But I’ll keep it open until the end of May, and wherever we end up is where we end up. The last two times, you wonderful people blew the top right off the thermometer. Do your best once again.
“But what about that new best-selling book?”
… I hear some of you asking. “Why are you having a fundraiser when you’re about to join whatever country club J.K. Rowling hangs out at?”
Not quite. Kit and I have sold around 2,000 copies of Basics of Resistance. We’re very pleased — both with sales and reviews, thank you. But we pretty much gave away 3/4 of those copies through $0.99 Kindle pre-sales. And once royalties begin flowing (not for two months yet), we’ll be splitting everything two ways.
So no. Forget J.K. Rowling; we’re not even James Comey’s league. Or Hillary Clinton’s. Our main hope was to introduce basic resistance to a new generation, and you’ve helped us do that. But a small-press book remains a small-press book no matter how many sexy red labels Amazon slaps on its page.
So now … on with the fundraising!