Fundraiser update: This is YUGE

A generous donor has offered to match all donations, up to a total of $5,000.

All you who’ve contributed to the $1,400 already raised … consider your donations doubled.

All you who donate from here on … know that everything you send will go twice as far.

The extra might enable me to begin treatment of my whatever-it-is. If that’s not necessary (knock wood), there are a number of other good ways to put the money to use.

And this exceptionally generous donor adds, “I hope your readers will cooperate in making it cost me the full $5K.”

MamaLiberty May 3, 2018 8:51 am

Wow! That’s wonderful Claire.

Claire May 3, 2018 8:55 am

It is indeed, ML. The offer came from a quiet person who says very little publicly and very little about himself in general. But he has helped me, the blog, and Ye Olde Wreck in big ways before.

I tell you, I am blessed with the most amazing friends and supporters. No one could ask for better.

Comrade X May 3, 2018 9:43 am

Only one thing to say;

Claire May 3, 2018 10:19 am

Comrade X — I don’t know how you always have these things at your fingertips, but that was perfect.

Claire May 3, 2018 11:02 am

I’m still putting thank yous into the comment thread on the original (May 1) fundraiser post. But salutes to JP and NK whose very kind (and now doubled!) donations came in this morning.

6. fred
    fred May 3, 2018 12:20 pm

Mystery donor,YA DONE GOOD!!!!

Claire May 3, 2018 12:30 pm

Thank you, anonymous Bitcoin donor, and another big thank you to a long-time blogfriend, RBG.

On the third day of the fundraiser, we’re fast approaching the 1/3 mark.

Claire May 3, 2018 7:08 pm

Thank you, BD for putting us very nicely over the 1/3 mark!

9. fred
    fred May 6, 2018 8:33 am

Folks,lets make sure we get to take advantage of Mystery Donor’s VERY GENEROUS matching funds.

If we can get Claire to 5,000,and with the donors funds,thats 10 G to Claire.Thats some real money,not chump change.And we know it will be used well.At least Im sure of that.

I went ahead and gave my next donation I would be doing anyhow early so I could help twice as much as I normally can.

If your cash flow can possibly do that we little donors can really help a lot.

Claire May 6, 2018 9:10 am

fred, you are a sweetie, both for your donations and for cheering on the fundraiser.

It’s true that after a whomping strong start we stalled out. But because I’ve had several requests for the snailing addy, I’m not going to start worrying just yet. Well, I will worry, because it’s what I do. But I know that this blog and I have great friends. You are one of them.

So is PB, who yesterday helped CC get things moving again.