1. david
    david July 11, 2018 6:08 am

Oh that’s great! I was pissed off right up to the very last sentence, but love it now. And, I’m sharing!

2. free.and.true
    free.and.true July 11, 2018 6:26 am

This is dangerously close to being NOT The Onion.

But well done. And perfect ending.

3. Alan
    Alan July 11, 2018 8:36 am

I thought she was going to say $20,002,000.

Comrade X July 11, 2018 10:20 am

Ain’t that the truth!

5. rochester_veteran
    rochester_veteran July 11, 2018 11:34 am

Loved the ending! As with David, I was pissed off up until that ending! free.and.true, you’re right up it being angerously close to being NOT The Onion!

BTW, I’m so glad my kids are grown up now and I don’t have to go to teacher’s conferences anymore! My youngest had audio processing difficulties due to the numerous ear infections that he came down with. He got a few different type of tubes in his ears to drain them and that still didn’t help, poor kid! In his early years in school, he absolutely hated it as he struggled trying to process what he was being taught and a few of his teachers got on him because they thought it was an attitude issue and they either didn’t read his Individualized Education Program (IEP) or disregarded it, as his IEP explained his learning difficulties and what needed to be done to help my son get it. Every year, we’d have to re-explain to his teachers what his learning difficulties were! Teacher’s conferences were hellish and I dreaded them! Before going into junior high, his middle school guidance counselor recommended getting him classified under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) program as that would stay with him through college. It was the best thing that we could have done as the teachers by law had to follow the program, he was seated at the front of the class, he was given extra time on tests and also could take the tests in an environment that was quiet (alternative to the classroom). That and his maturing did wonders with his grades and attitude towards school. He was an outstanding athlete too in football, wrestling and power lifting and he went on to college where he majored in history and captained the football team, got his degree, met and married his wife, and now they have a son and are doing very well living in Colorado!

6. Jim Wetzel
    Jim Wetzel July 11, 2018 7:46 pm

I’d marry Mrs. Wells.

If I wasn’t already married, that is. And if she wasn’t already married. Oh — and if she existed.

7. fred
    fred July 12, 2018 8:07 am

She should have gone for 22 million.