- Five things to do to counter the culture wars against boys and men.
- Nine-year-old girl wants to do mother’s helper work in her neighborhood. Multiple neighbors call the cops, making no effort to check whether the kid is really being marketed as a slave laborer. Jerks. (H/T MtK)
- Border Patrol agent thought he was improving the world by killing prostitutes. (Never seems to occur to “do-gooders” that they might be the problem.)
- Maybe this would have happened to Starbucks even if they hadn’t instituted their “every bum can use our bathrooms” policy. Maybe.
- A F*c*b**k executive gets SWATted. This shouldn’t happen to anybody, ever, anywhere. But if you live in a toney neighborhood, cops are less likely to shoot you on sight.
- FB is such a wonderful place to work. Or at least you’d better pretend it is if you want to get along there.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson stands up for free speech and against “Generation Snowflake.”(Turned out to be fake news; thanks for the heads-up, Joel.)
- The latest update on Philadelphia’s soda sin tax: Still doesn’t work. Not raising revenue; affecting only those too poor to escape it.
- What the Catholic hierarchy knew and when they knew it. In the U.S. and Italy, top church officials have been lying through their teeth.
- Fifty things turning 50 in 2019.
- Okay, dog people. Get your hankies out for this tiny testimony to love and grief. (H/T MJR)
- What friends are for.
A dog trying on last year’s outfit: